Not another pricing thread.

celticjohn

If somebody out there is looking for a practice plate or to try out their hand at fonts, maybe this is the job for them.
Let us all know how long it takes.
I may have a go at it over the weekend myself because I reckon 2- 2.5 hours including layout.
If I took the job based on my estimate I'd be absolutely destroyed if it took me 8 hours to complete as mention above

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Flat Rate versus Time & Material, I deal with that argument daily, I agree that you cannot win every time, sometimes you lose money it happens.

I have no problems charging a good price for a fair amount of work, I have read it in the archives here, the price should sting a bit. I am a believer in this theory due to the expense of operating a business. Trust me, I would stay in the trade I'm in were it not for the physical strain, I regularly bill out $110.00 hr. and cannot keep up with the work that comes in.

Thanks again for the input from everybody, this is most enlightening for me.

And I would love to see somebody else cut this as well so I can see about the time.

When I was asked about doing this work I had told her right up front that hand engraving was expensive, anywhere from $5 to $7 a letter and she still gave me the artwork anyway( I found that pricing in the archives but the thread was some years back ).

On this job I am going to flat rate the work as my skill set will not allow me to cut fast enough to do T&M.

This job is for a granddaughter and grandma wants hand engraving.

Thanks Again for the input from everybody

Latest posts

Sponsors