first Inlay

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
Hi,
I want to show my first Inlay work. I made for a customer some diferent versions of this Wolf Vector. I made it cheap cause it was my first try in inlay. the backplate is out of sterling and i made the photo before cleaning it up and stiple it one more time. The Wolf is out of Shibuishi 75 CU / 25 AG
and the Inlay is fine silver.
The Customer is very happy but I know i have mutch more to learn.
Hope you like it.
wolf1.jpg

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
Oh wow thx for the link very interesting.

Painting with chissels :)

Does someone know something about the book ?
Furnace looks nice too i think i have to build something like that
Chris

diane b

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
the book is not out yet. go to www.followingtheironbrush.org this is fords forum set up much like this site. ford is in the states right now teaching. he is in snohomish, washington until the end of april at a place called The Ranch for Arts - I think Ray Cover has taught there as well. Then Ford is teaching in New Hampshire at a knife maker's place. he is teaching how to use the kati-kiri chisel to "paint" as well as an inlay class. all of this information should be at the address I gave you above. he's a great teacher - very patient.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
beautiful work,thanks for sharing the link. I'm going to ny to take a closer look at his work
thanks again

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you diane
I had a look at Fords Homepage yesterday and wrote him an email to get acess to his forum.
I'm not located in the states. But I think it would be fun.
There are many new projekts like clouds in my head I think you will see some of them in the future.
Omar I wish you'll have a great time in ny
Chris

Sponsors