Comments, suggestions and Tips appreciated! TNX's Practicing engraving

Josephnmora

3 rubies Money Clip.jpg front and back ofknife.jpg gailsmoneyclipUL.jpg :handpiece:
Practicing engraving on old knife. I know I need more practice. Also did a money clip, kind of messed it up when I attempted to set some rubies that are 1.8 to 2 mm.
Thanks in Advance, Joe

Last edited:

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
OK, now we have something to work with.

Rule number one. BUY Ron Smith's "Advanced Drawing of Scrolls" and start at the very front in learning to draw each line , eventually putting all of the lines together and forming a nice composition.

Step two is to draw, draw, draw. And then, draw some more.

The third step is to do the same with your cutting.

It is easy to shortcut these steps and in doing so, it shows in your work.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
certainly the affore mentioned book on scroll, as well as cutting practice. your lettering needs real work-- beginning with a pencil. you are mixing 2 different letter styles here. most, if not all, will say this is not to be done. there are no sins here, just honest attempts at engraving. for this, you are to be urged to practice. don't try doing complex design before you have an understanding of the more simple design approaches. in time, this will all come together for you. alls you gotta do is make it happen. our comments are meant to help you learn to improve your work.

Latest posts

Sponsors