Paul Revere to be at the 11th annual Engrave-In and Glyptic Arts Gathering

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

I made arrangements to have him there and photos of his tools and work yesterday.

June 5-7 in Monteagle, Tennessee.
Be there.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Scott, Paul Revere was a real patriot,silversmith,engraver and a dentist. J.J.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
As a teenage in the 1950's that rock''n'' roll to me was the best,Litter Richard,Elvis,Chuck Berry,Buddy Holly,Bobby Darin,the Drifters,the Platter's,I like it all Country,Jazz,Blues,big bands.:cool:man J.J.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have been asked who is invited. If you are are on this forum, then YOU Are!!!

All Ye Engraving Fans, Be ye Beginners, Masters, Patrons, Journeymen, Authors or Wives, Spouses and SOs of the Preceeding

The 2016 Engrave-In is June 5-7. Sunday afternoon after the Blade Show finishes up, everyone will gather up here. Here is our personal Eden on the mountain near Monteagle, Tennessee.

Spouses and or significant others are also welcome. Kids, dogs and horses are also welcome. If you don’t have a dog or a horse we will loan you one. I expect we will have engraving systems from GRS, Ngraver, Enset and Lindsay set up for people to try. I will have some of my engraved items that I have collected from around the world on display for discussion as well as scroll samples from various art forms. We will have smoked dinner on the grounds for lunch on Monday and that’s worth coming for believe me. If you want to bring something to eat that’s fine, or just bring yourself that’s fine too.

Sunday evening we will have a bonfire complete with pickin’ and grinnin’. Supper will also be served in between gabbing and singing. Kids and the young at heart can cook hotdogs and s’mores over the fire, while we will enjoy shrimp, salads and other assorted fixin’s for the those not wanting to get quite so smoky.

Monday the 6th we will get started with Seminars. I’m still need to firm up some things but looks like lettering and monograms, sculpture, and getting started info will be the topics

Somewhere along in here, we will enjoy Jim Hall’s great smoked meat and fixins. Jim is a heck of a craftsman, a fine cook and an aspiring engraver. The final fabulous seminar of the day is still hidden behind door Number Three. I have several possible things in the works. We just have to see what falls together as we get a little closer.

Of course, there will lots of unstructured time to mingle, ask questions and try techniques. Lots of people set up tailgate displays, or table top displays so BRING YOUR STUFF!! Bring your tools, bring your work, bring your questions… BRING YOUR BENCH if you want . I would love to have 3 or 4 benches set up besides mine and Ray’s . This is an Engrave-In…. so bring your stuff to engrave if you can.

pics from last year are here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=a5a59ce66b

Some beautiful views here as well, a 10 minute walk will bring you the bluffs on our property, where you can see some 70 mile vistas. We have a great pond that we can offer some fishing or swimming in for those inclined. Another bonus, if you want to try a world class airgun or two, we can let you give that a whirl as well.

Campers, both tents and motorhomes are welcome to stay at our place.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jared Eason,
Jim Hall
Doug Larson
Roger Bleile
Mike Fennel
Archie Taylor
Tim Wells
Todd Starr
Brant Ellery
Bill Moody
Mark Thomas
Mike Dubber

Last edited:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Simon Lytton
Amayak Stepanyan
Jerry Fisk
Harry Caldwell
Katherine Plumer
Jim Fray
Sandra Brady
Kurt Horvath
Sherry Thorne
Jared Eason,
Jim Hall
Doug Larson
Roger Bleile
Mike Fennel
Archie Taylor
Tim Wells
Todd Starr
Brant Ellery
Bill Moody
Mark Thomas
Mike Dubber

Last edited:

JakeW

I will be coming. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
My dad is coming with me again.

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Hey everybody we are here already. So where is everybody else, lets get this thing rolling. My wife and I are staying at the Smoke House motel. Hope to see some people out at Scott's place tonight!

Latest posts

Sponsors