Critique Request Knife engraving pattern

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is the first time I've attempted to upload a pattern for any reason. can you give me some tips on how to do this more efficiently and what to change in my pattern??What files will give me a better resolution for this purpose ?????A little help for the stone age guy please.

slipjointengravingpattern2.jpg

Indy Joneds

Elite Cafe Member
i like your design , im wondering why the rsolution is not great... what are your scanner settings ? or did you draw this in some software like photoshop ?

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well I drew it with a pencil first then traced it with Xara for a transfer. When I exported it to up load hear, I think it was Jpeg 300 dpi. Most of what you post up to the web goes faster with lower Res. But here it looks very poor.

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Not familiar with xara, can you darken the the contrast? or just trace over your design in ink, scan & size it in xara?

Indy Joneds

Elite Cafe Member
i scan at 1200 dpi and its saved as a TIFF file , i then load it up with Windowns paint , Crop it and save as a JPEG file .

Maybe that wont help maybe it will .

You could also try converting the image to a vector file and see if that makes the quality any better

http://www.autotracer.org/ this link is to a fee site that converts files to vector format

Latest posts

Sponsors