Announcement: Leica A60 microscope review by Sam

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
GRS sells both the lens adapter and the adapter for a traditional Acrobat stand. I would think something happened to your e-mail as they usually reply to the e-mails pretty quick.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
While you were posting I was typing.
The P/N is 003-727.
It is NOT listed on the WEB site.
Call Stephanie at GRS.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The adapter is listed on the front page of the web site. Price is $75.00. Also available but not listed yet is the adapter to allow use of the old style Acrobat stand. #003-599. Price is $175.00.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
do you think that those disparate eyepieces would work on an older leica scope, for improved DOF? or are they just calibrated to the optics of the a60?

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chujybear, I don't think two different eye pieces on an older scope will accomplish the same thing. Leica has two independent mirror/optics systems inside the Leica A60 head to achieve the DOF. They have a patent on it so it is probably a little more complex than two eye pieces.

Hayes

Sam
Thank you for your presentation on the Leica A60 microscope I have been viewing the Meiji5 microscope for a while but this helps me and others to make an informative decision on what to purchase.

Thank you for your support
Kevin

Riflesmith

Elite Cafe Member
So I ordered a complete scope and acrobat stand early this week, drove up and picked it up, came home and set it up....I'm duly impressed! Awesome scope and I like the handles on the new acrobat stand. Thanks again Sam!