wtb - tx hermes spindle lever

jponto

Folks, does anyone know where I can purchase a new / replacement spindle lever for a TX******* new hermes drag engraver? Might have to make one but would like to avoid it if possible. Also any recommendations for font type/size for gun work? Any recommendations on cutter for 416R stainless and cro mo? I believe the new part number is 33829 - for a diamond tip but don't know what the specs are. thanks joe

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
Google in 'Hermes' or 'New Hermes' pantographs, and sites will come up that you can browse for parts, with your model number and serial number needed. I was on a site a couple weeks ago, and I forget the name of the company, but parts may still be around. If not, make your own. Check out fonts and sizes of such, also. Look at firearms, in the stores, for the proportions of letters and numbers. I'd advise against these pantographs for cutting steels, as the bearings are not made for such, and the mass of the machine is not there for using cutters for steel work. Diamond drag might be OK, but the New Hermes machines are made for plastics, and maybe occasional soft aluminum. Do some homework, and you'll learn more.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
Sites For Parts

Sometime, eBay carries used parts for the New Hermes machines, as I found out as I need a gear for mine but haven't ordered a gear yet. It might take a while to locate a part, and you might have to buy a few items to get the one part you need amongst the lot offered. But, there is most likely parts out there, although it might take a while to see something come up.

jponto

Have been googling...lol.....will keep looking and see what comes up. So far no luck. thanks for the input and if I am lucky someone might have a hot tip. All the best guys. Joe

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
ebay. none of my bizz, but i'd be careful, very careful, doing this with a panto. make sure you have xtra cutters of the same size. that is, if you try going rotary. the diamond point wont do much more than provide a layout guide for hand engraving.

Latest posts

Sponsors