Microscope info needed

CoSnipe

Need info on quality of storz urban microscope. Its the us-2 model with 250mm obdective,.66,1.0 and 1.5 zoom. Not sure about the eye pieces but from pictures they are 10x. Any info is welcome

Skylineski

seem like ok scopes but the only ones I have seen are in line scopes and that leads to a soar neck or back. they may have a binocular set that is adjustable but I have not seen them. I never tried engraving with one only seen them in the lab I work in.

Doug

CoSnipe

Supposedly what it looks like:

CoSnipe

seem like ok scopes but the only ones I have seen are in line scopes and that leads to a soar neck or back. they may have a binocular set that is adjustable but I have not seen them. I never tried engraving with one only seen them in the lab I work in.

Doug
So how is the quality of the ones you've used. Im hoping to go and see it locally to check it for myself as its a crazy low price.

Skylineski

went to a different computer, see the pics now. same scope i have used. it is in line like i said. when u go look at it, try to set it up like you would be engraving and see if it is comfortable. i couldn't get it into a comfortable position for engraving. good luck hope it works out but make sure u are comfortable.

doug

Skylineski

to show you what I am talking about I attached a pic of a Zeiss scope with a 45 degree angle to the binocular so your head is in a comfortable position to look through the eye pieces and still be able to have the objective lens pointed strait down.

Attachments

• s-l16001.jpg
    s-l16001.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 144

CoSnipe

I see your point. Ill have to keep this in mind if/when i get to see it in person. Thank ypu

CoSnipe

Never heard from seller, probably for the best. Ordered a leica A60. Skylineski thanks for the advise

Latest posts

Sponsors