Starrett 2" dividers on ebay

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
These come up every now and then and I used to buy every set I could get my hands on. I don't need any more, and these appear to be new old stock.

The 2" were discontinued many years ago, and are the perfect size for what we do.

Starrett dividers on eBay

Sam

Staff member
I have a 3" set of Starrett dividers in my travel kit and they're just fine. The 2" are a little more compact and slightly better suited for smaller work.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
General Tools used to make a pair of 3" dividers, with replaceable points, of which I bought a pair during my apprenticeship 40+ years ago. If I could've seen into the future, which all of us would like to be able to do, I would've bought a shoebox full for resale in later years. The 'size' refers to the width between points, when opened to maximum. I checked out the site of General Tools, and the smallest they make is 6", I believe. Maybe some Toolmaker would sit down and figure a cost effective way to make the 2" dividers again? Maybe the European Toolmakers make them, but costs would be too high.

Sam

Staff member
General Tools used to make a pair of 3" dividers, with replaceable points, of which I bought a pair during my apprenticeship 40+ years ago. If I could've seen into the future, which all of us would like to be able to do, I would've bought a shoebox full for resale in later years. The 'size' refers to the width between points, when opened to maximum. I checked out the site of General Tools, and the smallest they make is 6", I believe. Maybe some Toolmaker would sit down and figure a cost effective way to make the 2" dividers again? Maybe the European Toolmakers make them, but costs would be too high.

Alexandre Sidorov in Belgium makes a beautiful set of 2" with replaceable points.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a pair of Alexandre's dividers. When I saw them come out I wondered who would want/need to spend the money for them. I had a chance to use a set for a few days and it was then I had wished I had something of that quality 30 years ago. After fighting too large or flimsy calipers all these years it is such a pleasure to have these in my hands. I particularly like the replacement points as I like to "stagger" the length for certain scribing.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
I guess one learns from experience, thank you for all the feedback. It's just that there are so many things one has to invest in that one has to prioritize, since I have a pair of 3" starrett dividers... but one step at a time

Latest posts

Sponsors