Winter's engraving booklet on Ebay.

Kevin Scott

Elite Cafe Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ENG...582199?hash=item3f5eedcbf7:g:-lUAAOSwvFZW61Oq

Saw this listed under watch tools, not engraving tools. So maybe if someone is interested in it they would miss it.

The Winter's book is interesting, and does not seem to come up too often. Has an interesting system for designing monograms that I have yet to make sense of. But I like the booklet.

Don't know the seller etc etc.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I have the Winter's engraving booklets for sale $20.00+postage,I have 13 left. J.J.

Kevin Scott

Elite Cafe Member
Concerning the Ebay listing, personally I would not put much value on the gravers. About $2.00 to $3.00 each at most. If I saw them at a flea market etc for $1.00 each, no tax, no shipping, I would probably pass on them. (have plenty of gravers, only old gravers I would buy now are liners, or if they had great handles like Rosewood or something.) Can't sharpen them with the Lindsay templates. They are carbon steel, who knows how correct the temper is. The geometries and sharpness will not get you started in engraving if you are a beginner.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
They're excellent books and every engraver should have one! I think I have two :)

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
JJ

I would like to get one of the Winters books from you.

I tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full, and I was not able to send it.

Do you have any left, if so can you hold one for me, and pm me how you would like me to get you the money for it.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsors