Copper cup hammered texture engraving?

williamph

Ok so I got a pretty big job coming up for a wedding and the client has these copper hammered cups they want to give as wedding gifts with their name and date engraved on them.

Now the cup itself is hammered texture and I don't think I want to attempt lettering over the texture but they are flexible with placement so we came up with 3 options and I'd like some feedback

Option 1: engrave the bottom of the cup
Option 2: engrave the handle which I believe to be brass
Option 3: probably the least favorite but fashion a copper plate and enrave that and rivet or solder to the cup

All seem like viable options but I'm leaning toward #1 based on the ease of it but #2 may be cool too. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 286

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
From doing these years ago usually went with the option of putting the event on the handle and any wordy phrases time, date, name (eg Maid of Honor or Best Man ) on the bottom of the item or any other flat surface. Hope this helps in your decision.

Eric

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Soldered plate over dimpled area will be less than fun to achieve. You might only get it stick on the high points

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'd opt for the brass, unless a lot of text was to go on. if not the brass, the bottom would be my choice.

John P. Anderson

Elite Cafe Member
I've seen that exact cup and similar ones at the Grocery store near the beer. A family friend sells them at his liquor store in Deer Lodge. You should be able to round up a practice cup somewhere. They're not very expensive.

Not that I hang out in the beer aisle. I grab my Guinness and quickly move on.

John

williamph

I've seen that exact cup and similar ones at the Grocery store near the beer. A family friend sells them at his liquor store in Deer Lodge. You should be able to round up a practice cup somewhere. They're not very expensive.

Not that I hang out in the beer aisle. I grab my Guinness and quickly move on.

John

Hahaha no shame in tossin a few back ;)

Latest posts

Sponsors