Million Dollar Luger

JamesO

I'm back at it. Here is my recently finished carving Million Dollar Luger Model 1907 Serial #2. Ironwood inlayed grip, cold blued and gold inlay ($1 Million Dollars)on the reverse. DWM monogram is Duetsche Waffen-und Munitionsfabriken - firearms manufacturer who, along with Georg Luger, brought 2 Model 1907 to the US Government for a possible contract. They declined and #1 was destroyed and #2 was eventually sold. Many Years later it was auctioned for over a Million Dollars. Check out the history and photos of it online- Thanks for looking at my rendition
image.jpg image.jpg

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
That's more than just 'nice' work! I think I recall that story on "tales of the Gun", when it was running. Also, if others may remember, there were between 1 and 10(?) prototypes of the Luger made in .45 ACP calibre, which didn't work out because of the power of that cartridge. Wouldn't mind having one of those, that I remember having sold for a hefty figure.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i have fired many rounds thru various lugers. none were quite that small ! how did you do the layout ? transfer, or direct draw ? the transfer technique never worked well for me on hobos. direct drawing was less of a pain, and much quicker. tyvm for sharing.

JamesO

Monk, I took a lot of pictures of one I own, until I got the right angle that looked best.... Used Illustrator to draw it out, and then tranfer....I flatten certain areas of the Indian to get a good transfer and go at it

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Monk, I took a lot of pictures of one I own, until I got the right angle that looked best.... Used Illustrator to draw it out, and then tranfer....I flatten certain areas of the Indian to get a good transfer and go at it

thanks jim: i just had no patience trying to align a transfer on a bo. after several attempts to center properly, i'd give up and draw (scratch w. scriber) by hand.

Latest posts

Sponsors