Hand Engraved Apple Watch

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Just finished engraving this 42mm stainless steel Apple watch for a customer in Virginia. His request was to go with what I thought would look nice but to include an anchor and rope somewhere in the design. He is pretty happy with it and I am glad it is still ticking! Thanks to Vilts for his tip about work holding without shattering the glass! Your input and suggestions are welcome.

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
Interesting to do work that can last hundreds of years on something that will be obsolete in a year. Perhaps it will become a museum piece

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Monk and Indy for your nice comments.

Gargoyle, yes it is interesting but I wish I had one of those very first Apple computers!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Lookin' good David. Did you engrave as-is or have to remove the guts or anything? Is it aluminum or stainless?

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Sam. It is stainless and cuts ok. Not great but ok. I checked into taking it apart but the risk seems higher to do that than to cut it as is. Vilts had a post recently that showed a picture of the holding device he made with his 3D printer that helped me to fashion mine from wood. The custom band is also stainless and cut harder than the watch.

Latest posts

Sponsors