Some shade

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I never thought you were criticizing my engraving.....and like I said I have not had anyone come back and complain that the engraving blew off in a wind storm ...or the engraving washed away in a rain storm.....lol

I think that sometimes the things that are written here on the forum get miss read as being harsh ......

Not my intent!!!!!

I don't think I have sold any of my work to a collector.... I think that the silver that I engrave goes into the hands of active and working people.

Last edited:

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
I'm not Sam Phil or Mitch so my thoughts don't pack as much punch . I have two thoughts about this design . One is that some of the elements in the design are pulling focus away from the flower. Meaning they are hogging up too much space. They are covering as much area as the flower. The big leaf at 11 is the major offender. The second thought is that the flower is of the same shape and design as the scroll elements. Which leads the eye to not distinguish between one or the other.
Now somebody with more design knowledge help both of us.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Unless something is "wrong" then It's just a case of personal opinion wether the design is perfect or not.
You'll never get 100% of people to agree.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
very nice work, and you really have done nicely with the scrolls and shading, I am new to engraving, but the only thing I notice is on the right and left a few leaves seem a little stretched and straight. other than that looks amazing, hope I can get as good as you

McAhron

Elite Cafe Member
A gold inlay around the center flower/ring would really make it pop.

Latest posts

Sponsors