plastic for masters?

hiloboy

mahalos again for all the ideas everone..i'm going to give some of them a try.. Aloha karl thanks for the info i'm going to give them a call..and see what they have...

David Lavaneri

2-Plex or Slickers

For templates that won't be used often, I agree with those who suggested standard Gravoply or Rowmark plastic sheet stock.

Rowmark is more widely available, than Gravoply, through most engraving supply houses.

A step better, for templates or masters that will be used regularly, would be 2-Plex (a Gravograph product) or Rowmark's Slickers, both considered an acrylic, but not the brittle variety. Very flexible and easy to cut, with the added advantage being, the pattern doesn't break down as easily, or as quickly, as standard, flexible sheet stock.

Another advantage in using engraving sheet stock is contrast. With contrasting cap and core colors, the design is much easier to see than with a clear material.

If creating templates from a computerized engraving machine, a .030 tip cutter, at between .015 and .020 depth will generate a supremely trackabale groove.

David "The Stunt Engraver" Lavaneri

JackDaniel

"make some masters for my pantograph"

If you can draw it in pen and ink I can cut the plastic for you. I vectorize the drawing and send it to my gravograph machine for cuts to any depth you may need.

JackDaniel@jackdanielengraving.com

new here...but I don't mind helping others

Latest posts

Sponsors