Finally a gun I can build without a FFL

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
I've been saving odd bits and pieces, lamps, plumbing, wood, power tools, etc. for a try at steampunk guns. It is a lot of fun, relieves stress from my regular work, and who knows, maybe a another source of income. Might try a little engraving on one eventually.

Attachments

• IMG_0825 (1280x818).jpg
    IMG_0825 (1280x818).jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 418

Robert Morales

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice WMD! There was a Steampunk show at Mt. Dora Fl a few weeks ago, lot's of cool gadgets and piles of stuff to make them with. Here's a few pictures I took.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I've been watching Steve's steampunk creations on Facebook and they're fantastic! I'll bet there's a good market for this, Steve. :thumbsup:

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
this is cool stuff. I like the use of the mixer. Gosh, I didn't think about a permit.

Last edited:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Some of those look like a good replacement for my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator

Attachments

• marvin.jpg
    marvin.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 323

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
where on the planet can one acquire ammunition for those guns. excellent, but they're worthless without ammo ! ya needs ta woik on thet !

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
where on the planet can one acquire ammunition for those guns. excellent, but they're worthless without ammo ! ya needs ta woik on thet !

The trouble is, the bullets are cast from Unobtanium and there is currently a short supply of it available. :)

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I believe you can build any gun you want without an FFL if you make it from scratch, and its for personal use, not intended for sale.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
<"I believe you can build any gun you want without an FFL if you make it from scratch, and its for personal use, not intended for sale.">

So you actually have to make the piece of pipe and the pipe cap for your personal zip gun to be "legal"?

Can't just go down to Home Depot and get 'em? ;)

Brian

Last edited:

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I believe you can build any gun you want without an FFL if you make it from scratch, and its for personal use, not intended for sale.

That's true. In the case of a popular rifle such as the AR-15, the lower receiver is the actual firearm. All other peripheral parts can be purchased to make the firearm. Many companies have sprung up offering the lowers for sale already finished to 80% along with specialized jigs to enable a handyman hobbyist-gunsmith to do the final milling. Most of the jigs require the use of a drill press and a router. One company is selling a specialized bench top CNC mill to do the work. As long as it's for your own use and you don't intend on selling them, you can manufacture your own firearm. And, the ATF doesn't require a serial number or registration. You just can't make them for anyone else.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Zip guns and ARs are kinda not in the same league...

but, well... as used to be said on here - "Good to know"...

B.

From what Doc just said, I guess you can get yer parts at Home Depot. Just don't sell 'em or give 'em away after you build 'em.

Now that's making me wonder about inheritance... can you inherit one - "legally"? Parents to child? Or otherwise?

Last edited:

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
There is Steampunk Ammo! Ha!

Attachments

• IMG_0840 (1280x840).jpg
    IMG_0840 (1280x840).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 79

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
The trouble is, the bullets are cast from Unobtanium and there is currently a short supply of it available. :)
i make unobtanium isotoapes in my basement. they hang around for about a millionth of a trillianth of a nanosecond . tough to keep track of them !

Sponsors