3rd project doodle Design

Indy Joneds

Elite Cafe Member
does this look ok ?

Going to stick it on a lighter i think as my 3rd project .

Thanks

Attachments

• WP_20160202_004.jpg
    WP_20160202_004.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 283
  • Lighter  design smaller file size.jpg
    Lighter design smaller file size.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 283

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
You asked so I will tell you...no, I don't think it looks ok. Sorry man. Just being honest. I find the design confusing and it doesn't make sense to me.

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Just my pennies worth the two upper scrolls are too busy with very little negitive space then the lower has huge negitive with no leaves or folds etc just what jumps out.

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I'm very far from a qualified engraver, but you've got flow going both ways in one scroll, and the backbone appears to shift from side to side. If that makes sense. Like Sam said, confusing.

Todd

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
aside from the quality of your design, the drawing is quite narrow to fit the format/shape of any lighter i ever engraved. when i think of lighter, i don't know, but "zippo" always comes to mind. please don't become discouraged. nobody on this forum (or at least not many) were born with a pencil and drawing pad in hand ! when drawing for practice, eventually one must constrain a drawing to fit a shape or an outline. afterall, this will be the goal for all you will do. drawing a great scroll is good, making such fit the object, is another challenge.

JIA

Elite Cafe Member
Is your idea feather falling apart from the scroll ? Its cool like every one is saying too busy !! Fix ur back bone first the try to adjust the negative space !! Here is some fast sketch based on your back bone.
I hope that help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk