More great engraving by Sam Welch

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Here's some masterful engraving eye candy by Sam Welch.

The flow and the extremely fine stemmed scrolls and tendrils are just amazing. And the shading is as well. This is a truly distinctive style that you have to see in person to truly appreciate. Note how the scrolls leave the steel and continue into the wood!

Great job Sam! :bow: :clapping:

squirrel-2.jpg

squirrel.jpg

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Brian, I haven't done any castings in a long time but am thinking I should cast a couple of items I have going. Stay tuned.

Bert, it is a Rem. No. 1 1/2 which is a carbine model based on the Rem. No. 1 action. It was made about 1893.

Sandy, the other side is unfinished at this time but sports a steel sculpted gray squirrel within the same scroll works and amongst more trees.

Sam

Staff member
Sam W: If you can post photos of your engraved guitar parts it would be appreciated. I know you posted before but I wasn't able to find them.

~Sam

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Here 'tis Sam. This is for a classical (nylon string) guitar with a theme of "The Sweetest Music of the Universe is Budding Life".

Cut in .040" thick aluminum with matching engraving on the Waverly (Bozeman, MT) tuners and as displayed at the latest FEGA show.

Attachments

• CL Rosette for Display e.jpg
    CL Rosette for Display e.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 141

Sam

Staff member
Here 'tis Sam. This is for a classical (nylon string) guitar with a theme of "The Sweetest Music of the Universe is Budding Life".

Cut in .040" thick aluminum with matching engraving on the Waverly (Bozeman, MT) tuners and as displayed at the latest FEGA show.

Thank you Sam! I had the pleasure of examining this set up close and personal and I told Sam that there's never been any scrollwork designed or cut better than this example. You have to see it to believe it. It takes crazy graver control and design skills to make this, and if castings are ever available I'll be the first to order a set. This is truly amazing engraving.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
Truly beautiful work, and thanks to both Sam's for posting these beautiful works

is the engraving on the guitar done on sterling silver?

Dan W

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful work Sam. It makes me wonder why we don’t see more engraving on instruments. I use to play in a bluegrass band where the dobro player had a 1927 nickel silver dobro that was highly engraved. It looked (and sounded) great.

Dan Weddle

Latest posts

Sponsors