new engraving in it's natural habitat

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautifully done Catharine. You know better than to leave a plane on its cutting edge, Fred

PS You should think about adding checkering to some of theses art works. fm

Last edited:

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
Cloudy,

At first glance, I thought your plane was packed in tissue - I don't think I have seen very many see-thru wood shavings.
Nothing like a tool that not only works the best, but also looks the best!

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
How can it be a plane and be fancy at the same time? One of the great mysteries of the universe.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
The first thing I was taught in wood working, 50 years ago, was never let the cutting edge touch anything except when you want it to cut something. Never set a plane on its sole, always on it's side, always lay a chisel down with bevel up. When I pick up a magazine on wood working and see an article that has a plane in a photo it is always sitting on the sole. Makes me thing it is only there to make someone look smart. Like in engraving, sharpening takes time. Always protect the edges of the tools.

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Cloudy, that is a finely engraved plain, finely plainning, a fine piece of wood.
Missed you at the FEGA show.
Next year?

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Great work Cloudy, :clapping::tiphat: fine tool with a fine edge, I used to get in trouble from my father for doing that when I was young, but considering that it's made to cut the wood it is sitting on, I don't think the edge is going to get damaged, :),

Richard.

Latest posts

Sponsors