My first watch engraving

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Those pins you are using to hold the watch are dangerous... if you haven't already had a problem with them, you will...

They mark and ding almost everything you put in them.

Best to either make a custom fixture or use thermoplastics or hot glue. Something softer than metal against metal.

Brian

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Those pins you are using to hold the watch are dangerous... if you haven't already had a problem with them, you will...

They mark and ding almost everything you put in them.

Best to either make a custom fixture or use thermoplastics or hot glue. Something softer than metal against metal.

Brian

Brian, thanks for your advise, I will find something else to hold the part.

Best Regards

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
I like your work and design, well done.

If you have a metal lathe, or if a friend has one, make some brass pins of different types as you have in your set of holding devices.

Steve

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
quite attractive to my eye ! the pin damage brian mentioned-- if you like them, try cutting pieces of leather to match, and carefully superglue the pieces to the pin faces. hotmelt would also work. thanks for showing such a nice piece of work.

Timothy83

The engraving looks excellent. The watchmaker in me gets very nervous because any deformation on the back can effect the water resistance of the watch, and you can underline and put in block letters the words any and deformation. Another important thing is to be very careful while refinishing those particular backs if you blunt the teeth the installation tool will not engage properly leading to further damage and incomplete closure of the case.