Adobe capture for patterns

Boomhower

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone I ran across Adobe Capture and thought I would share it with you all if you haven't seen it. You can take a pattern or a photo and trace it and turn it in to a vector file. It is made to use with Adobe illustrator but you can use it with inkscape or other programs. And it is very simple to use.
I have used it to trace pattern's then print them out and then draw the details in
Hope this is some help. It is free too that's always a plus. :happyvise: :drawing:
Here is a photo of a deer I done with it.
I thank this program will be nice for bulino but haven't got that far yet

Attachments

• whitetail-deer-head.jpg
    whitetail-deer-head.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20160127_041721.JPG
    IMG_20160127_041721.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 209

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yeah. that would give enough line "information" to develop a drawing. you should also try the same foto just doing pencil on paper. doing the vectoring, may work, but you're really hijacking your efforts to develop drawing skills. thanks for the capture tip.

Boomhower

Elite Cafe Member
You all are welcome.
Your right monk. I have drew this photo out before I found this program and it turned out good so I gave it to a friend. Seams like I can do better with everything but scroll's but I am working to fix that I have been drawing night and day to get better finely got a .3mm pencil it is way better than the .9mm I was using

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Remember a pencil will always be you best friend. cheap, forgive, adaptable. I cut much better than I draw, but I keep at it Keep it hand doodle till you drop, then doodle laying down. Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors