Watch out!

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
It seems that watch engraving is quite popular :). Here are my latest projects. I've been fortunate enough to have requests for completely different themes. Pacific Northwest, Gothic, Cthulu and few regular scrollworks as well.

Aevig Corvid in Cthulu/octopus theme. Runic text on bezel follows the runestone tradition and means something like "commissioned by Eliyahu from Latland, engraved by Viljo from Estland"

Pacific Northwest theme on Halios Tropik B. Bronze was a nice change from the usual hard stainless cases.

Geckota K3 in Gothic architecture theme. With few gold dots...

Kadloo

And of course the ever popular Apple Watches :)

Here I tried a little Photoshop magic, this is a composite of 6 images to get all areas of the watch in focus. The watch was shot with macro lens, so the depth of field was very shallow, no way to get everything in focus at once. This seems to work rather well.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
You're the man, Viljo! Thanks for showing us your beautiful work. I'm especially fond of the Apple watches.

:clapping: :beerchug:

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Absolutely stunning work Vilts! Love your scrollwork and your other cool designs! The photo trick is cool too! I assume you did not disassemble this Apple watch before engraving it? I ask because I have one to engrave very soon and of course I am concerned about damaging the watch. My understanding is that taking it apart is not a good idea. Any input on how you handled this Apple watch while engraving would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your work is marvelous. your diversity of style is quite interesting. a treat to my eye !

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the kind words!

I assume you did not disassemble this Apple watch before engraving it? I ask because I have one to engrave very soon and of course I am concerned about damaging the watch. My understanding is that taking it apart is not a good idea. Any input on how you handled this Apple watch while engraving would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, I engraved it in assembled state. Not ideal, but I don't know any places around here that will take it apart and assemble later on. For myself I 3D printed some fixtures to hold it - nothing was touching the screen, buttons or backside sensors. The 3D printer plastic isn't that hard, so I taped up the watch and it worked nicely.

2016-01-12 11.03.08.jpg

This was one set of fixtures. The other was to engrave "top" and "bottom" sides, where band is attached.

Last edited:

mrthe

Wow amazing works! and cool idea make the holders with the 3d prints, thank you for share!

Latest posts

Sponsors