Hand Engraved Hunting Knives

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Just finished hand engraving 6 custom hunting knives made by world renowned knifemaker Russ Kommer for display at the 2016 Shot Show in Vegas. (The Browning Booth) The stainless steel bolsters were all hand engraved with deep relief style engraving. Russ likes bold, deep engraving on his knives so that his customers are not afraid to use them as well as display them. I used a variety of designs including a dragon on the pearl handled fighter! Below are a few pics I was able to take before I sent them back to Russ for sharpening and logos. Hope you enjoy looking at these really cool knives as much as I enjoyed engraving them!

celticjohn

David,
Very sharp, well done. A good photo makes all the difference. It really does.
Where the photos professionally taken?

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Yes, really great photography, the detail is most appreciated by the noobies, it helps to clearly see the cuts.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
great work, really like the simplicity of the designs.. makes you want to pick up the knife and actually use it and not just look at it

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks CelticJohn and TGIII. My photography has been improving since I setup a simple 2 ft tabletop lightbox and invested in a macro lens for my Canon Rebel. Still need to figure out so much about taking good photos but the clarity is getting better. I am reading books and articles that help out a lot. It is a journey just like engraving :)

Eugene - thank you! The dragon scroll took many hours to develop so that it looks good with the other scrolls. I still see room for lots of improvement.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yeah, what the all said. it's probably against the established order, but i like how the scroll kind of comes out of hiding on the dragon bolster. it works for me ! tyvm for showing.

Latest posts

Sponsors