Critique Request Bulino, attempt no 2

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
great work A+ thank you for the information, I wonder if there are any videos on the process ?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
Very cool, This would make a great how to video. I would pay $ to see you doing the different steps. Super Work. ZZ

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Nice work on the anodizing Dani Girl! Not easy to do especially having the colors blend together so well. Keep it up!

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Easier than everyone thinks. If I ever get around to doing a video I will post up a new thread. Gentle blend. More fluid. Dots of colour. Dry brush.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dad is an electrical engineer and if anyone wants to have a go at this I can get him to explain where the dangers lie. As with everything be safe and have fun.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Question.

With a heel free graver how do you keep from digging in or skidding off. Is there a different grip for this? For dots it seems easier to push the graver further back up the handle and use a higher grip.

Boomhower

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Dani girl. You inspired me to look in to bulino. I have one graver blank left that I can use for it.
But have not found much info on the angle's of the graver. What do you use if you don't mind me asking

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you have a template 110 or 100 degrees seems best. 90 is old traditional. 50 to 60 degree face. If you are using templates the heel seems to be the one to use for the whole massive removal grinds. Basically grind the two heels to a point then put a face on it. Ends up a really small point. Helps you see where you are putting it. Polish the heels

Also I find that heel less gravers are desirable because you can see where the line is where as with a heel it kind of stared under the graver and is harder to see.

Am I making sense?

Last edited:

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
Wow that is stunning work. All your hard work and thought process has paid off. Thanks for sharing your work and explaining your journey from beginning to end.

Eric

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've got my portable bulino setup sorted. I've got two cmax gravers, a 90 and a 110 in handles with the quick change 'çollets' drilled through so I can have the gravers sticking out only a little or out heaps.

How do you engrave without it digging in without a heel?

110 is definatly easy to see the cuts under the ring light of my scope.

Attachments

• 20160111_184801-resized-1280.jpg
    20160111_184801-resized-1280.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors