I learned something new with transferring

Boomhower

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone. I had two transfers on a practice plate and had them hot glued to my block one of the transfers was a bit hard to see. When I went to change to a different design and was using my heat gun to take the plate off the transfer that was hard to see the lines got bright and easy to see I guess the heat helped the ink go in to the polycrylic I wood of never thought it lol
So I tried it on a few other plates and for sure made them brighter and even more of the details came threw. :happyvise:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hello everyone. I had two transfers on a practice plate and had them hot glued to my block one of the transfers was a bit hard to see. When I went to change to a different design and was using my heat gun to take the plate off the transfer that was hard to see the lines got bright and easy to see I guess the heat helped the ink go in to the polycrylic I wood of never thought it lol
So I tried it on a few other plates and for sure made them brighter and even more of the details came threw. :happyvise:

which transfer technique did you use to discover this ? curious minds need to know.

Boomhower

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry forgot to put it in. It's the method I posted. Using the polycrylic on the plate and using a inkjet printer

Boomhower

Elite Cafe Member
Two rivers. I am using a HP printer with #63 ink cartridges
I just spray a coat of minwax polycrylic on the plate and and I print my patterns on to parchment paper. Let the polycrylic dry to where you can touch it and not leave a finger print and then burnish the pattern to it .it comes out great. And if I heat it up a bit with a heat gun it gets brighter and more details like the shadeing lines become easy to see

Otto. I don't have a vise so I am using hot glue to hold my plates on a sort of block I made of wood and lead. I was using the heat gun to take a test plate off not the pattern. And that is win I noticed that the pattern I had transfered to the plate got brighter and the lines became sharper and more detail came threw

I will try and see if I can get some good photos of it.

Latest posts

Sponsors