Paul Revere

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I'm guessing we do, in a way...

Collectors pay more money than he made during his entire lifetime - for a single piece of his work, with the proper provenance.

Brian

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
― Mark Twain

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
none of us have had a bowl style/shape named after us ! good ole paul did !! he also did the work free of all the toys and trappings we all seem to need. i know there's much engraving being done this day that he would enjoy seeing. i think he'd be somewhat shocked to see all the junk many of us pile on our benches.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As painted by John Singleton Copley. Note the scribe and gravers. No different than we all have today.

Attachments

• Paul Revere by J.S.Copley-Wiki.jpg
    Paul Revere by J.S.Copley-Wiki.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 293

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
What, no air powered tools??? I'll bet if you look under that table he's sitting at you'll find a foot pedal bellows compressor!!! ;~)

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
I'll be using some of my "REVEREWARE" shortly to make a pile of burgers. I wonder if there are any dedicated tomes out there where someone has followed guys like Paul Revere in a treatise showing their works, and careers/history as best could be determined? With younger people, in this day and age of not showing much interest in such, books like this may not sell. 'Tis a pity, it'd be that way!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I'll be using some of my "REVEREWARE" shortly to make a pile of burgers. I wonder if there are any dedicated tomes out there where someone has followed guys like Paul Revere in a treatise showing their works, and careers/history as best could be determined? With younger people, in this day and age of not showing much interest in such, books like this may not sell. 'Tis a pity, it'd be that way!

ron-- over time i've seen a few high res fotos of some of his work. lovely to look at !

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
View attachment 363

Masonic engraving by Paul Revere

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sam,
Thanks for sharing the Masonic engraving by Brother Revere. I had never seen that before.

Masonic-notice-printed-by-Paul-Revere-ca.-1760.jpg

A friend of mine gave me that back in the 80s. Pretty cool, huh? Here's another one. You'll see his signature PAUL REVERE, SCULPT
Apparently "sculptor" was the term used as opposed to "engraver".