8 months' progress

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi,

I bought my engraving set in 2014 September and started to learn engraving but unfortunatelly I had to stop because of some health problems but luckly I had some times to learn how to draw.

I again started to cutting practise in April 2015,

I encountered with many problems, but most challenging ones are

learning how to sharpen my gravers and learning how to cut shading lines.

I don't say that I am a master and I know everything, there are still lots of thing that I need to learn and I am keeping learning.

I believe that I can make better engravings as time passes,

I especially want to say Thank you for three members here, Andrew Biggs, Phil Coggan and Thierry Duguet.

This engraving is my first work on a real gun receiver and it took almost one month to engrave it, now this is my level that I reached from scratch. its all thanks to forum and its members.

Attachments

• 12359825_1520447474919088_4653849030567120538_n.jpg
    12359825_1520447474919088_4653849030567120538_n.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 238

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fantastic work.

Tips on shading lines. Sharpen the belly shaft as well as the heels fairly regularely. light downward pressure or you'll make lips on either side of you cut. Experiment with different grips. Cut with confidence, practice practice.

Try to make sure you don't crosshatch over the edge of leaves at least on the side you're coming from or you'll end up taking big gouges out of the sides of your scrolls.

What sharpening method/system are you using?

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Fantastic work.

Tips on shading lines. Sharpen the belly shaft as well as the heels fairly regularely. light downward pressure or you'll make lips on either side of you cut. Experiment with different grips. Cut with confidence, practice practice.

Try to make sure you don't crosshatch over the edge of leaves at least on the side you're coming from or you'll end up taking big gouges out of the sides of your scrolls.

What sharpening method/system are you using?

Dear Dani,

Thanks a lot for your comments and helps,

I use lindsay sharpenin system but now I don't have any problem with sharpening,

Sponsors