Strum, Ruger Shot gun. This is a first for me.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Merry Christmas, to the Café. It's been a while since I last posted here. I got in an interesting engraving job, which was a first for me. I've never been asked to do a gun before. The customer wanted for Christmas and I shipping out today. The jeweller that sent me the gun had done some machine engraving on it 25 years ago for the present owners father. He requested that I do a bear with some simple scroll work. So this is what I came up with. I had a good time doing the job and it's change from the normal rings and pendants that I'm asked to work on. I kept the art simple and not to busy. There is plenty of room to add stuff in the future.

Attachments

• Bear-Gun-Engraving3a.jpg
    Bear-Gun-Engraving3a.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 423
  • Bear-Gun-Engraving1a.jpg
    Bear-Gun-Engraving1a.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 420
  • Bear-Gun-Engraving2a.jpg
    Bear-Gun-Engraving2a.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 425

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Quick update on the gun, the jewellers customer was ecstatic when he saw it. So happy with the engraving. Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice work! Do you have to jump throught the hoops in Canada that we do here in the USA? I would love to do an occasional piece, but with the ATF and needing an FFL, I won't touch them.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Quick update on the gun, the jewellers customer was ecstatic when he saw it. So happy with the engraving. Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have always been a fan of "happy clients". afterall, the dude with the cash is the one we all try to please. imho

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
We probable do. But I'm not well know yet and I'm out in Country. So for now, I don't have to bother to much with it. Also I think any future orders will not be that public. The RCMP and the OPP seem to have their hands full doing their normal stuff, without doing busy work like chasing engravers down.
Jim

Latest posts

Sponsors