saving information

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
This forum has so many great ideas ,tips and instruction. I can't remember them all and I would like to. Is there a way to save or bookmark certain posts ? I would like to form a sort of file of ideas that suit me and would be easily searched.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Ok, I can't find '' favorites '' anywhere. Is it the '' subscribed threads " link ? And how do I put the desired thread in it?
Thanks for your help.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
speeedy6,Go to the upper right hand corner of your computer screen click in on the star it will turn yellow you now have saved the tips & information in your file. J.J.

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
For really good "stuff" I create a document and then create a pdf for it. Saved on my computer I have it everywhere and anywhere I am without Internet. For everyday type tips, I copy and paste the info I want to save and send it in email to my own email. An example would be Brian Marshall's info about pickle in this thread. http://www.engraverscafe.com/showthread.php?20189-Pickle-question I first saved it in an email with copy and paste including the link to it, then I saved it in a document and pdf, All saved to a folder for jewelry making tips.

My wife dabbles in making jewelry and she has asked me before about looking for pickle info, the next time I simply have to send her the pdf I made from my notes. I save it this way, because in the past I have seen great info, and then one day that site went down and the info was permanently lost to everybody. I literally have 100's of pdf's about anything and everything that I am interested in.

Belprime

This forum has fantastic information thanks to all the great people who want to share.And a special thanks to Sam.
You can never have to much information and resources . The only problem is getting it into your own files . I save as much as possible in pdf files. Collected tons of photos. If you use your phone , do screen shots. And if you use an android phone or tablet , check out a app called " color notes" . It makes it very easy to save links and addresses of the pages you want to save. So, the next step is to make use of all the stuff you've collected . But, I think the best tip is to draw, draw and draw some more . Buy the cheap spiral notebooks, and fill them up. I've got them going back for many years long before I became interested in engraving . Their full of doodles , lettering designs, artwork , sculpture and wood carving ideas, pinstriping designs and now engraving designs . That's how I've come to do it... YMMV

Latest posts

Sponsors