Tommy Kaye

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is truly very sad news. Tommy was a true gentleman and friend. He was instrumental to us all in the early stages of our guild. I will miss him.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Tommy was the first engraver that I used as a gunmaker WAY back in the early 80's. He did several rifles for me and my customers and a few shotguns. I have very found memories of the early times at the NRA shows (pre-Guilds) and the early guild years. A very upbeat gentleman of great talent. RIP

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
T.J. Kaye

For those unfamiliar with Tommy, he was a Founding Charter Member of FEGA. In the image below, from the 2011 Guild meeting, Tommy is pictured holding his Stetson. At the 1980 formation meeting, that hat was passed around for the seed money that started the Guild. It is now present, in a glass box, at Guild meetings. The box has a slot in the top where visitors can drop in a bill continuing the tradition.

RIP Tommy Kaye

Attachments

• Tommy J. Kaye.jpg
    Tommy J. Kaye.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 327

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
One of my favorite keepsake photos, Tommy, myself and Ralph Bone at the Tulsa show in 1983. This was the third FEGA meeting.

Attachments

• Tommy Kaye.jpg
    Tommy Kaye.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
My prayers include Tommy and his family. Tommy gave me some good advice when I first met him. "Finish every engraving you begin. You will learn more from correcting or hiding your mistakes than you will from tossing it and starting over."

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is one of two photos I took of Tommy mentoring a young girl in the drawing of scroll. I'll have to resize the other as it is too large a file to upload.

Attachments

• TKaye2.jpg
    TKaye2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts

Sponsors