A simple Silver Bracelet

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
This silver bracelet was created for a good customer in Alabama as a Christmas gift for his mother and he asked to have a special inscription engraved inside the bracelet. Last year he ordered a hand engraved knife for his sister who is a collector and I am honored that he wants my work to be a part of his family holidays. This is a simple flare cut scroll design and the inside of the engraving is plated with 24K gold. I know that my own mother would have loved wearing a bracelet like this. Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays to all of you!

Indy Joneds

Elite Cafe Member
how do you ge the gold on the engravind please ? do you do it yourself ?is there ant chance of the gold coming off over time ? very striking bracelet !

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Big-Un, Todd and Indy!

Indy: after I finish engraving I apply the 24 gold plating with a pen plating kit. Then, while the bracelet is still flat (prior to bending) I use a 2000 grit wet sanding block and very carefully sand off the gold leaving it only in the recessed engraving. You can find pen plating kits and 24K gold plating solutions at Rio Grande or Otto Frei and probably many other places. Takes a bit of trial and error to learn how to get the gold to apply just right. Also, be sure to use a firm sanding block so you don't mess up the edges of the engraved designs. They won't look crisp and sharp if you push the sanding paper into the engraving. The gold seems to last a long time since it is below the surface. My wife has one similar to this that she wears all time and the gold has held up well for about 2 years so far. Eventually it will need to be redone. Hope this helps.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Like it with words beyond what I can describe! You're picture of your piece is worth more than thousands of elegant words!

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you,
It looks realy nice. I had a look at your homepage very nice titanium rings i like them a lot. Did you engraved the rings or flat material and weld them ?

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Tsu and mdengraver for those encouraging words! It makes me realize that sometimes just clean, simple engraving can be as effective as the more complex jobs.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Is that twisted gold wire soldered on the bracelet as a bezel or done some other way??

Jerry - The twisted wire look you are referring to is simply a hand engraved border around the bracelet. If you search this forum for rope border you will find threads on how to cut these type of borders.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you,
It looks realy nice. I had a look at your homepage very nice titanium rings i like them a lot. Did you engraved the rings or flat material and weld them ?

I purchase blank titanium rings to engrave. I do not make my own. They are easy to find online at reasonable prices. Hope that helps.

Tsu

Hi, David. I'm wondering how you bend the bracelet without made goosebumps appear on the serface of the metal? Do you just sand them off? Thank you.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, David. I'm wondering how you bend the bracelet without made goosebumps appear on the serface of the metal? Do you just sand them off? Thank you.

Hi Tsu -- no need to sand goosebumps! I use a GRS bracelet bender. You can also use a trailer hitch ball held in a vise and a soft rubber mallet. Be sure to tape both sides of the silver and don't forget which side is the top or you could end up with your nice design on the inside of the bracelet! Also search this forum and you will find more info on bending bracelets. Hope this helps.

Tsu

Hi Tsu -- no need to sand goosebumps! I use a GRS bracelet bender. You can also use a trailer hitch ball held in a vise and a soft rubber mallet. Be sure to tape both sides of the silver and don't forget which side is the top or you could end up with your nice design on the inside of the bracelet! Also search this forum and you will find more info on bending bracelets. Hope this helps.
Wow, thanks David. I'll try.

Latest posts

Sponsors