Bug

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Shawn,You've got the touch nice flow of the scrolls and the that dragon fly may make good trout food.Keep up the good work.:thumbsup: J.J.

Riflesmith

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice design and good shading! I like it! As for what I'd do different? JMO, give the blackleaf a little turn to the right so it matches the flow of the scrollwork, give the flowers some stems and a leaf or two coming off the upper left or out of the fold over leaf just to the upper left. JMO. Very nice work!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
mail this to me. that way i'd be far more able to give an opinion ! or did you want it back ?

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
...critique away.

Shawn, I'm not trying to be too picky, but you did ask for critiques! I'm a big fan of you work and am constantly amazed at your prolific output. I particularly love your shading skills and flower details. That being said, I find the rather simplistic rendering of the dragonfly almost cartoon-like and I feel it is distracting. A bit of your superb shading to the body and head to give it the same three dimentionality as the scroll and leaf work, and more veining in the wings, all would add immeasurably to the design. Again, I hope that I'm not offending you, I just know that you have the talent to pull it off.

Latest posts

Sponsors