colored laser toner

ETHELBERT

Elite Cafe Member
I would think that this would work with the common method used for laser jet transfers
such as acetone. Has this been tried by anyone?
Not doing much engraving these days, I need to get back into it.....Happy Holidays:)

JohnR

Elite Cafe Member
I'm a retired Canon color copier technician and have experimented with different toners for engraving transfers. Color laser toner is much more refined than ordinary copy toner hence the sharper images on color prints. Mono black will give you the darkest for acetone transfer. Color doesn't show up very well on metal surfaces. As a technician I will also decrease the fuser pressure and temperature for easier transfer, larger copiers have this ability. I don't use acetone transfer very much but it is a very good method. Hope this helps......JohnR

ETHELBERT

Elite Cafe Member
Probably something that matches your eyes... or maybe your outfit - nail polish, shoes or clothing? :)

B.

unlike others I try and refrain form cruel remarks like this, these type of remarks make this site unattractive to others as they are afraid to say anything!

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
It's all in the eyes (and mind) of the beholder...

Most will take it as it was meant - a joke. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you read back through my posts you will find quite a few in which I am "cruel" to myself!

Going through life deadly serious about everything - including yourself - has got to be awfully painful...

Brian

Last edited:

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
It was a legitimate question - to which no one apparently has an answer.

Or perhaps the time to fool with it to find the answer(s)?

That would include me, since both my inkjet and laser print in black - which works just fine for me.

I work on precious metals and would have no interest in printing and transferring in yellow, red or blue.

If you do, then experiment away... and reply to your own question. It will still be here...

Brian

Last edited:

JohnR

Elite Cafe Member
Select mono black on your copier settings. This tells the copier to lay down only the black toner for your image. Otherwise you will get "processed black" which is a combination of positive colors to make black. Magenta, cyan, yellow in equal proportions equals black (Canon technology). It's best to use one color.......JohnR

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a color laser printer and have transferred color images. As others said, the colors transfer ok but can be harder to see. My HP does black with the black toner so it transfers well. All I would do with color is maybe a bit of red to highlight something.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I'm a retired Canon color copier technician and have experimented with different toners for engraving transfers. Color laser toner is much more refined than ordinary copy toner hence the sharper images on color prints. Mono black will give you the darkest for acetone transfer. Color doesn't show up very well on metal surfaces. As a technician I will also decrease the fuser pressure and temperature for easier transfer, larger copiers have this ability. I don't use acetone transfer very much but it is a very good method. Hope this helps......JohnR

i own a brother. either tn 630 or 660. how do you turn off the heat so as to print a transfer ? i'm curious to try. perhaps others as well

Roger B

Elite Cafe Member
I had to engrave a piece that had been plated to an "antique bronze" colour - dark brown, not far off black. Tried some silicon baking paper laser transfers in yellow, red and black and found the black to be best!

Roger

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Monk, on my laserjet I hit "print", court to six and turn off the printer. Raise the lid and carefully remove a perfect, non-fused image. Timing may vary on your printer.

thanks, mike. xmas eve i was doing a printout for a customer. the laser died. i'll get a toner cartridge saturday and give it a whack ! i always keep a spare for my inkjet. never thought to do same with the canon