Question: Colt factory engravers--help please

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a Colt Python, factory lettered and class "C" engraved. The Colt letter states Engraver's Name: Not Listed. If you engraved for Colt around 1977, Please look in your records and tell me if you engraved this gun. The serial number is 09176E and it left the factory for California on Feb. 24, 1977. Thanks in advance. Sorry I haven't taken any pictures of it, but there has never been a reason before now, and I'm hoping you can ID it without pics!

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
Although I don't know when, wasn't Ken Hurst a Colt factory engraver for a while? Maybe he could shed some light on your matter.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glad for the info, but I am assuming there are several current or former Colt factory engravers on the forum, so I am hoping that the one who engraved this gun will contact me! I am also assuming I will have to wait, as I don't know how often the engraver I am looking for checks the forum. (if at all!!!)

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hmm, perhaps could be Goodwin, Huff, Gwinnel, Burt, Francolini or a couple of others, a pic would be a great help.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
O.K., I'll work on a pic or two. I was just hoping the engraver had kept a list of the serial numbers of the guns he worked on. I guess it is possible that he has passed or that he doesn't surf the forum, so maybe others will have to help. It may take a day or two to get the pics done and posted.

Latest posts

Sponsors