Appreciation thread

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
No need to "fix" it. Just improve it a bit...

I've seen over 20 great contributors vanish from this forum over the years. (still here, just not contributing)

If you don't let them know that their time and effort are helping you in some way - why would anyone continue to contribute?

Brian

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
As is usual with those plasticized words - I'm not understanding whatever it was you are trying to say?

Turned 'em over 5 ways in my head and got zip...

I sure in the hell have not incorporated those words into my daily conversations. Problems will remain problems until I solve them.

Making up words to hide them, using "issues" in place of problems does not make them any less important in my life. Face 'em head on.

Cancer for example can be described as "a cellular anomaly". But it's still what it is - under the obfuscation...

Be honest. Call it what it really is. Don't be a weenie...

B.

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Personally I like the concept of the "Like" button. When I post a comment and people hit the Like button it tells me that those folks have read my comment and either appreciate my input or agree with my position. I don't expect a lot of two word positive comments. I myself use the Like button to keep from cluttering the thread with brief positive exclamations. Otherwise, I don't hesitate to write out a detailed comment if I think it is informative.

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
Humm, not long ago I remember a posting about the uselessness of short posting and how they were used (the short posting) to increase the total number of posting and reach "elite" status?
As for the work of Mister Phil Coggan and other engraver of the same caliber, I do not think they are looking for the recognition of their talent by any of us, they know about it. I think that the best way to thank them is to ask questions and criticize their work, they does not post pictures for their benefit, as ego booster, but for ours. For those reasons I think that a thumb up when you like a picture is all which is required, postings should have thoughtful contents not useless compliments, especially when you consider that the same words are going to be use to qualify Mister Coggan works and the work of other, much less talented, engravers, not everything is equally wonderful or great.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
I find it difficult to come up with the right words to describe the caliber of the work that it is presented here by all the masters, experienced, and not so experienced engravers, :eek: that's why I choose to click the like button, but from now on anybody that gets a like from me (RDP) consider it to be the highest compliment, thank you, like, funny, or what ever you think is appropriate for the posted content :) :) and if you don't get one don't worry it does not mean I did not (fill from any one of the above) I was probably feeling lazy at the time.:rolleyes:

Brian my first language is Spanish, so you can compliment my work en español if you like :), oh yeah, your spell checker is not working,
and as for using me for a target, give it your best shot mate ;),

I think I liked just about every post here, and I received 5 notifications, WOW!! :biggrin:

Richard.

Last edited:

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Humm, not long ago I remember a posting about the uselessness of short posting and how they were used (the short posting) to increase the total number of posting and reach "elite" status?
As for the work of Mister Phil Coggan and other engraver of the same caliber, I do not think they are looking for the recognition of their talent by any of us, they know about it. I think that the best way to thank them is to ask questions and criticize their work, they does not post pictures for their benefit, as ego booster, but for ours. For those reasons I think that a thumb up when you like a picture is all which is required, postings should have thoughtful contents not useless compliments, especially when you consider that the same words are going to be use to qualify Mister Coggan works and the work of other, much less talented, engravers, not everything is equally wonderful or great.

I do try to say "thank you" and describe how much I like various projects that are shown here on the forum. I do admit that I find myself wanting to ask a hundred questions and end up typing them out then deleting them. I don't wish to inundate folks with questions that may lead them to not posting anymore :)

I do use the like button as a "Hear Hear" or a "Well said" or a "fully agree" .......

Don Curtis

Latest posts

Sponsors