sketch/ project

Andrew Biggs

Hi Jeff

Very nice indeed :)

No, it's not overkill on a Spyderco. The actual cost or brand of the item is irrelevant unless you are talking about a financial investment. Then it becomes important.

The whole point of all this is to do the best you can on whatever canvas is in front of you. If there's no budget and it's for personal enjoyment............then go hard as you can :)

Cheers
Andrew

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
The quality of your work says you don't need to be asking us how far to take a project.

LEAD !, follow or ...

BTW Jeff, now that you're asking :biggrin: .
A static painting / sculpture is nice, but the same with movement is awesome.

Keep up the great work !

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Food for thought ?
Maybe? do the fox in inlaid raised sculpted copper ? The dandelions in sterling so as to accept patina ? as well as the Jackrabbit ?
Go for broke ! :biggrin:

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Andrew! those were exactly the reasons for being undecided.... wanted to do something that to keep challenging myself and do better!

Thanks Jeff.... I thought about doing the fox chasing the rabbit but there is actually movement the way they are, the rabbit is aware of the fox and visa versa... the moment before the chase.
Also, thought about sculpting and adding the copper & silver would make it interesting.... I really want to work on my bulino.

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for sharing that Jeff, your drawing really fired up my imagination with some things I have been thinking of doing for a Winchester 22 I have been thinking about engraving. Your scene is along the lines of what I was thinking, and it has really help to get my mind working it out. Love your scrolls you picked with that one. I am thinking I will work on something with that type of scroll work. It is great to have something fire you up like this.

Mike

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think Spyderco knives have such a 'cult' following that they're more valuable that most any other $150 knife, if that makes sense. Definately go for it, I think your design is great. You should post a WIP of the steps involved or something?

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone.... Dani I already started but took a couple of progress shots, when I start the other side I will do a WIP.
Sam, good point... never thought about it that way.
I do have a question, should I do the bulino & shading before going to the other side or do the other side and do bulino last?

photo.JPG
photo 2.JPG

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Photo realism!
It doesn't get any better than that, unless you put him in the fox's mouth !

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow. That is one very very awesome Spyderco. You've done fantastically with that bunny, background work too, gorgeous

Sponsors