30 minute video worth a look

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
That's amazing, love it, and if you watch part 2, you can learn to make the wooden pliers, thanks monk,:clapping:

Richard

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
WOW! You are right , it was worth a look. What a legacy to leave behind. A lot of people could benefit from adopting his work ethic ans philosophy of life. Thanks for posting this vid.
Cheers
Don

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Monk,, enjoyed the link you directed us to plus many others on the side bar. Thanks for sharing. Book marked for future enjoyment and education. well done friend Monk. Fred

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
There is another Warther museum that is not too far form this one. All of the carvings in it are in ivory only and are based on the development of ships. I think there are something like 80 or more ship models. All of the rigging on the ships are in very thin strips of ivory. There is no other materials used in the models. I think the carver is a grandson of the carver that did the trains. He works in ivory for a profession so some of the gun engravers may have purchased ivory grips from him. He also makes other ivory parts for instruments and items that need ivory parts for restoration. He sells hi products around the world. I do know he has a website to sell his products. If you are interested do a search for Warther and ivory grips.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
There is another Warther museum that is not too far form this one. All of the carvings in it are in ivory only and are based on the development of ships. I think there are something like 80 or more ship models. All of the rigging on the ships are in very thin strips of ivory. There is no other materials used in the models. I think the carver is a grandson of the carver that did the trains. He works in ivory for a profession so some of the gun engravers may have purchased ivory grips from him. He also makes other ivory parts for instruments and items that need ivory parts for restoration. He sells hi products around the world. I do know he has a website to sell his products. If you are interested do a search for Warther and ivory grips.

tyvm for the update. i never heard of the place or the people, till a friend sent me the video.

Latest posts

Sponsors