Announcement: 2016 FEGA Master Project

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
It's been a year since Barry Lee Hands and I met in Las Vegas to discuss and initiate a special project for FEGA. I just received it back from bluing and we are very happy with the results!

I have been working with five other FEGA Master Engravers - each whom who also carry the Colt Master Title - to create a one-of-a-kind Colt SAA Colt for the 2016 FEGA Auction. Each participating engraver donated their services...and those names are: Blair, Dubber, Gamradt, George, Griffiths, Hands and Stosin.
:clapping:

You will see other announcements and a full description of this concept project in the next Edition of The Engaver Magazine. Meanwhile, tell everyone you know who might be interested in bidding about this very special FEGA Las Vegas Colt.

Mike Dubber

Please go to www.FEGA.com to learn more about the Guild, the 2016 FEGA Show, and to purchase banquet and auction tickets!!:hammer:

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Fantastic thank you, Mike and the team.

The generosity of the project and those involved is a real credit to all of you and the FEGA Master Engraver program. It's the spirit of what FEGA is all about.

The engraving and finish on the gun is amazing!!!

I'm looking forward to publishing the full story and photos in the next FEGA Engraver magazine. :)

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The dream team of Colt masters is the real deal! Congratulations guys! A fabulous work of art and a historic Colt for sure. Bravo! :bow: :clapping:

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
The bluing on this Colt is Doug Turnbull's Charcoal Blue. www.turnbullrestoration.com

Please recognize that the brightness and color depend on a properly prepared surface prior to bluing. In this case the gun was machine polished first, then hand polished prior to engraving, then hand polished again after the engraving and before I sent it to Turnbull. As always, great care is taken when polishing after engraving so as not to erode or soften the sharpness of the engraving cuts.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fabulous work guys!
Mike did an excellent job of riding herd on this project from beginning to end.
And in addition, thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication to FEGA over the last thirty five years.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's simply a stunner! And just as I was going to ask who did the blue, you offered up Turnbull. I was about to send a polished 1903 their way and I can only hope and pray that it comes out as beautiful as this piece.
Someone is going to walk away with a once in a lifetime Colt. I don't think my bid limit will cut the mustard.
Thanks for the hard work and dedication to FEGA!!!
Layne