Help, please: Post counts: Read this

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
If you're trying inflate your post count, then do it legitimately and not with useless post that take up space.

I'm getting a lot of complaints about posts that are meaningless or abbreviated such as "good info, thanks" "good to know". This clutters the forum with post that no one wants to read.

So please, if you have something relevant to say, please say it. If there's no substance to it, then please don't post it.

Thanks!

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
sorry, Sam, but that was kinda the proverbial hanging curveball. somebody had to take a whack at it...

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The thread doesn't appear to have been read.

Perhaps its the "magical" 1400 posts

"The Other Roger B" :thumbsup:

Yes, it could be, and I'm getting tired of it like everyone is. I've edited my first post in this thread. Hopefully it'll get the message out.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Ummm, maybe I am mistaken... but I assumed that that was what the "Like" button was for?

When you didn't have much of use to add to the thread... but "liked" the subject matter or the image(s).

Or just didn't have time right then to write out a useful sentence or two on the subject of the thread?

Brian

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ummm, maybe I am mistaken... but I assumed that that was what the "Like" button was for?
When you didn't have much of use to add to the thread... but "liked" the subject matter or the image(s).
Or just didn't have time right then to write out a useful sentence or two on the subject of the thread?

Brian

I'd rather read concise descriptions, explanations, and meaningful comments than to have to sift through paragraphs of bloviation. I agree, if a person doesn't have anything to contribute to the thread, click the like button and just keep reading. I could care less about meaningless post counts.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Correct me if I'am wrong but I see only one person on the forum who repeatedly signs off with good info really like,thanks for showing amazing thanks,I love it.from up north of the U.S. ;);) J.J.

Last edited: