Jackson Robinson's WIP (Work in Progress) Thread

Hello everyone, I'm new around these parts but I just finished taking Sam Alfano's 1 on 1 instruction class and finally finished getting all of my gear in from GRS. I wanted to post a work in progress thread of my progress as a new engraver and to get feed back from the community. Thanks for any help.

Jackson

Here are some concept sketches of a project I am working on with a gun manufacturer here in Austin. It is a custom AR rifle with a De Los Muertes them. It will be engraved in Billet aluminum.

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
Way cool!!! Especially "Tim Burton style" scrolls
Splendid entry in the engraving world!!!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Totally outside the box when it comes to gun engraving. Fantastic renderings, too! Can't wait to see how this progresses :thumbsup:

Cafe peeps: Jackson Robinson is a very talented artist and playing card designer. Check out is site Kings Wild Project.

Here are a few decks he gave me!

kings_wild_cards.jpg

Addertooth

Your art is way beyond my simple skills, but here are two suggestions.
In day of the dead pieces, symbols are important. May I suggest changing the one bullet facing the wielder (above the skull) be replaced with a small skeleton supine "Passant Regardant"? Also allow for the spring loaded cover which will be over the ejection port in your layout.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
to my eye, very strange for an auto stuffer. but just as cool as it is strange !

Thanks Sam for the kind words. I had an incredible time at Sam place taking his week long beginners class.

Here is the final product and also my very first finished project for some besides my self (on a practice plate lol) The billet aluminum was really easy to engrave. Engraving in the Cerekoted aluminum was also very interesting because as soon as you cut a line the bright cut aluminum was nice and bright against the darker surface. I still need some more graver control as some of my spirals are wonky. It was also interesting finally engraving something that had hard places to reach and uneven surfaces. I also had a few cruddy slips and tear outs but nothing too bad that I was not able to cover. I learned a lot from this project and have already started my second. Thanks for any comments.

Here is a new AR15 I have started this one is for myself and it is themed after my Playing Card company and features my company logo on it. It will also be fully engraved like the previous AR15 but with more scroll work style designs.

Latest posts

Sponsors