Some not so good scrolls in Tucson, AZ

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One of my former classmates from chiropractic college posted these photos of the side of his clinic in Tucson, AZ on Facebook. :shock: :eek:
Too bad the artist didn't study scroll drawing before taking on the job. But, most people won't know anything about it and will like it anyway.

I've decided, after seeing the final result, to give it a name. I think "A study in scroll design morass" would be appropriate. :)

Winterhaven-Tucson.jpg

WallMural2.jpg

WinterHaven3.jpg

Winterhaven4.jpg

Winterhaven5.jpg

WinterHaven8.jpg

WinterHaven7.jpg

WinterHaven6.jpg

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
obviously none of the connesewers of art have enjoyed the wonderful art displayed in many of the mcdonald restaurants. at least this is "kindergarten" level work.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
obviously none of the connesewers of art have enjoyed the wonderful art displayed in many of the mcdonald restaurants. at least this is "kindergarten" level work.

Graffiti has been classified as "street art" by those trying to legitimize it.

Bill

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
He told me it's been in the 100's so it's too hot to work. He expects the "artist" will have a "casual schedule". I'll get more pictures as he posts them. :)

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
I think it's great. It's on the side of a chiropractic office, and its an illustration of scrollwork that has been tail-ended by a semi-trailer, and is in need of years of chiropractic treatment to fix it.

Andrew Biggs

Some street art is way cool if done properly.........and some is just straight out vandalism.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

It could be very cool or it could be a clanger......time will tell :)

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
like andrew, i have seen such that was worthy of a serious look. most tho, aint worth a pile of doggie doo!

Belprime

Walls can be a real pain...they need to start with a good plan and sketch. This had neither . I feel like I'm looking at an alien birth from some sci-fi movie. Time to roll a new coat of paint over the entire wall and hope the next painter knows what he's doing . Just my opinion .

Indy Joneds

Elite Cafe Member
i dont think its surpose to be scroll work ...is it ?, looks more octopus ish . i think the blue/cyan and red will contrast well but theres a focal point missing for the eye . like an octopus head or such . but art is not always a picture that makes sense .

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
i dont think its surpose to be scroll work ...is it ?, looks more octopus ish . i think the blue/cyan and red will contrast well but theres a focal point missing for the eye . like an octopus head or such . but art is not always a picture that makes sense .
I think it's an octopus giving birth to a giant snail. That would make more sense on an ob-gyn office than a chiropractic office.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
I have seen a couple of equine colic surgeries.....this is not accurate enough for an anatomy book, but bears a strong resemblance.:biggrin:
Fun to be back here again.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Can't be a rendering of colic surgery, Gail.
There's no hundred dollar bills floating around.
Years ago one of my customers took her rag head over to Ocala. Had to run to the bank and withdraw $10,000 BEFORE the vet would even look at the critter !
My way would have only cost her $0.50 at the time.;)

Latest posts

Sponsors