A couple of recent pieces

J Saville

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone,

I have really missed the forum lately. My real job hasn't left much time for anything. I have only managed to do a couple of things other than some practice plates. Here are two. I don't think I posted these. I appreciate any and all comments. Pav 2.jpg photo 1.JPG

J Saville

Elite Cafe Member
Actually they belong to friends, I am not an FFL holder and after several thousand dollars in improvements to my shop, the gun unfriendly zoning board in Pemberton, NJ will not allow me to get one .

My understanding is that without an FFL I can engrave parts as long as they have no serial number. That's why only the back straps were done.

Fortunately I just got hired part time by a gunshop to do engraving as his employee

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
J.Saville,I'am sooooo glad I don't live in N.J. anymore thank's to my wife job we move to Virginia twenty seven years ago I can work out of my home with out any problems. J.J.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John, glad to see you back, been wondering where you were. If I may be so bold, loosen up some more with your "flow" of scrolls, they seem a little stiff. Otherwise you're doing well.

Bill

J Saville

Elite Cafe Member
JJ I envy you , unfortunately we are stuck for a while longer . Crazy part is the chief of police was all for me getting it but he has no say with the zoning board. The other thing is if I lived 3 miles to the west in the next town, I wouldn't need a variance at all.... but like you said, it is New Jersey!

Big -Un,
Thanks for the critique. I think I see what you mean they kind of start and Stop. Thanks for the tip. I hope to be doing more now that I can do it openly as an employee. The variance they finally approved specifically forbid the engraving of firearms. I just have to go through the gun shop for any fire arm work.

John

J Saville

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Dan,

The pair without the stocks was done with a beading tool. It took a bit longer but I think it looks better.The other pair was stippled with a pointed graver.

John

Latest posts

Sponsors