Fellow newbies, GRS classes are woth the time and money.

Latergaters

Elite Cafe Member
I was fortunate enough to take Rex's GRS start to finish firearms class. I'm not quite done with it yet but I'm almost there. If anyone is wondering if taking a class is woth it IT IS. I've been engraving one year this week and usually get one day a week where I can practice if I'm lucky. I know I've just scratched the surface of what there is to learn but I feel like I've come a long way already.

20150927_174432.jpg

Latergaters

Elite Cafe Member
Rex is great. He corrected a major issue I was having with depth and gripping the graver too tightly. Plus he knows the best places to eat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

leschowe

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Neisha,
Your work looks very good but it would be really nice if you could point us to some hi resolution photos of the engraving. It is hard to tell on the photo that you have posted what is actually going on there. Maybe on your website or something like that.

Les Schowe

Latergaters

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Neisha,
Your work looks very good but it would be really nice if you could point us to some hi resolution photos of the engraving. It is hard to tell on the photo that you have posted what is actually going on there. Maybe on your website or something like that.

Les Schowe

This was a quick shot with my phone that I posted while sitting in a waiting room. I'm not sure I want to be posting hi resolution shots on here. It can be brutal. :) I was having a lot of frustration with the cylinder. I seemed to break a graver every inch or so. I tried dubbing, changing the graver type, angles, tap magic and a different holding fixture. I think it is just a tough cylinder.

Last edited:

FerrousOxide

Good job Neisha! Looks great.... mine's not finished yet either.... :)

And I couldn't agree more... class was AWESOME and Rex and Sandy were both great to learn from.

Rob

Latest posts

Sponsors