Articulating Armrest

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
Found and bought this on Amazon a little while back (less than $50) and wanted to share in case it could help someone else who has a sore shoulder, elbow or wrist. 3 way articulating with height adjustment and I gotta say I absolutely love this thing. I worried it might be/feel awkward or get in the way and not really help but it moves very freely with you and almost feels like someone is supporting your arm by hand. Anyways just wanted to share, hope it helps someone:)

Attachments

• armrest.jpg
    armrest.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 290

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
thanks for showing this. there were many days i didn't engrave because of arm problems. i think such might easily be adapted to use at the vise. i'm guessing there's a few on the forum that may have an interest in this gadget. looks as tho it would serve for a righty or lefty

Last edited:

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Well I am one of those that this arm rest could help. I will try to find it on Amazon. I assume just search for arm rest. Been scratching my head as to hold to build this exact thing but everything got to involved. Engineering background!!!!!!!!!

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Been using a similar model for 14 years at my wax modeling and setting benches, not my engraving bench...

Be careful. When people come into your shop - they want to play with them.

Big guys always want to lean on them for some reason.

They snap right off... happened twice so far.

Brian

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
Ergonomics is the key, here. The cupped wrist/arm rest portion goes a long way to prevent undue pressure on the forearm. In looking at this assembly, I can see how some oaf could snap it. . .it isn't made for handstands. Looking at your bench, I see a way to add a third arm, if those so inclined would want to undertake the venture, and have it telescope and swivel out from the underneath of the benchtop for use, and swivel, also, completely out of the way along the left and right sides of the bench. I have some parts around, I think, that would probably make up such. The description is beyond the space limits of this reply. But, essentially add a third swiveling arm, and you'd get all the motion you'd need. Items like this help those nerve problems, and muscle fatigue. Too bad more gadgets aren't out there to help us.

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
It really should be on everyone's list. I started running heavy equipment 25 years ago. They had big heavy levers and controls. The brand new Cat D5 that Im running now has joysticks full
adjustments on height and length. The pads start at the elbow and forearm and joysticks are ergo shaped to a hand. It now has an air ride seat. If ergonomics have reached the ruff and tumble world of heavy equipment then it should be in our studios

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks man!!! My partner sits all day clicking away doing CAD design. Complains about his shoulder every morning when he comes in.