Dallas Safari Club Auction Rifle

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
I'm just finishing a .375 H&H John Bolliger Custom Rifle that will be on the auction program for Dallas Safari Club (January 7-10, 2016). This lion portrait inlay was made with wires, slightly raised and detailed with a combination of bulino and sculpting techniques.

The gun goes back to John (Pocatello, ID) today for final finish and assembly. As always, we are facing a deadline for professional photos that will be published in the DSC Magazine. I will post those finished photos later.

Last edited:

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
I, very much, like this piece!!! The balance of the design and the gold are spot on...thanks for showing this...any chance you could post a larger pic so I can see the top most portion?

Donny

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fantastic Work. Can I be a pain and ask if you have any tips for working with Gold inlays in combination with bluing? How did you learn? I'll have to learn how to do propper bluing one day.

This is a beautiful piece of work

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is a great job Mike. One thing I like about your work is it is unique. Never looks generic or boring. The detail on that lion is fantastic. The design is very well balanced. It does not look like wall paper as so many do. I like the paneled look.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Mike, very good job done, I hope I see you at the Dallas show.
Vlad, LVVP

Latest posts

Sponsors