Rangoli

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
A demonstration of a beautiful art form from Southern India called Rangoli. It's done freehand, with sprinkling powder on the ground or other surface.

Not sure if it will work to use the embed code for a Facebook video, but I'll try. I'm sure it's on youtube too, but I couldn't find it there.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/s.prativadi/videos/10207543677128246/[/video]

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This was fascinating! I had never heard of this art form before. The sureness of this artist is the most impressive part of the video. She doesn't hesitate in her movements. To do so would be detrimental to the design and the flow of the technique. Thanks for passing this on to us.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful! And she does it barefoot. How many engraver do you know who work barefoot?? ;~)

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gargoyle I think how Sam works is neither "hair" nor "there"! He does however have an advantage, he can get to the root of an engraving problem faster without any roots to get in the way!

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I've got an idea that the reason Sam does such beautiful work is the reflective light cast off from the dome of his head add the extra illumination required to execute brilliant work. It's the real secret to his success. ;~)