Knife recommendation

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This one is for those of you cutting on higher quality knives. Any recommendation on a decent knife to cut that's between $500 and $1000. I need a project knife that I can put some time into. Between the day to day jewelry work and customers gun projects, I'm left with very little time. It would be nice to put all my focus into a few square inches for a change.
Thanks!
Layne

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
William Henry knives are certainly a popular choice for engravers.

Would you be wanting to order a knife so that you could have imput in the design?

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I contacted Wiliam Henry a couple years ago and they would not sell me a knife. YMMV

Last edited:

Jan Hendrik

Elite Cafe Member
I suggest you contact a knife maker to make you a quality handmade knife. I make my own knives and then engrave them as well. I have complete control over the overall design process and materials this way. Sole authorship rocks!

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've looked at William Henrys and they are available through a number of sources. Quite a few at any one time on eBay. I think I would be obligated to call a friend at the company first before I cut. Since they sell engraved knives commissioned by the company, not sure how they would feel about someone cutting one out of the loop as it were. They are obviously a great choice to cut but I wouldn't want to be in conflict with the company. I recall Case had a problem with this.
If anyone has experience in the matter I'd love to know.
I have found quite a few other suitable candidates.
Layne

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Case and Zippo, owned by case void the warranty if they do not do the engraving or have it done. They will not repair a custom engraved piece even if it just a monogram. When you engrave one of these you can not mention their name in your advertising, not even on ebay. Other companies follow these same rules. Harley is another such company but they spend a lot fighting the aftermarket part companies. Fred

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Beladran
How ever when I contacted them they did not seem to need to sell their product. So I will not do business with them, yes no loss to them but I will pass along the attitude I received, lots of knife makers looking for sales.

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Does anybody know of a domestic (USA) source for Spyderco knives at wholesale? Has anybody engraved any of the titanium scaled knives?

They have a good looking inventory and seem to have some better than normal knives, not as expensive as some but better than the cheapies.

Eric Olson

Elite Cafe Member
You can talk to spyderco directly. I told them my interests in engraving and they lowered their opening order for me, and opened a wholesale account as long as I promised to buy at least some knives regularly. I did have to supply credit references, etc, and if you have a resale license it probably wouldn't hurt.

I haven't engrave a titanium one yet.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now this is what I was looking for. And I thought several of these guys were out of my reach! Thanks for passing this on. Oh the possibilities..
LZ

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Blueridge knives will sell Syderco wholesale too. I have an account with them and they have a huge amount of other brands to include Case and Byrd .....

Donny

Latest posts

Sponsors