Acetone pump dispenser

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
acetone_2.jpg

I've posted this a long time ago and many of my students have asked where to get the acetone dispensers I have on my benches.

They're $4.95 with free shipping and they work great! They don't leak and are spill proof, and the acetone doesn't evaporate.

I don't sell them and I'm not connected with this eBay auction.

Acetone pump dispenser

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I ordered one. It might be better than opening the can and sloshing it with a paper towel on the opening. It's only been 40+ years that way. :)

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Sam. I ordered one too. Actually I clicked on sellers other items and he has them in quantity. So I bought a few.

Last edited:

Sam

Staff member
I bought a few different dispensers awhile back and this one was not only the cheapest, but the only one that passed the test. :thumbsup:

The others I tested (including the beautiful cobalt blue glass one with stainless steel top that I wanted to be the best one) leaked, sprayed, and the acetone evaporated.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Sam;
Too bad you don't sell these, maybe then they would be available to non US residents. This seller only ships to the USA.
Cheers
Don

Last edited:

Sam

Staff member
Sam;
Too bad you don't sell these, maybe then they would be available to non NS residents. This sell only ships to the USA.
Cheers
Don

Don: check Amazon as well. This auction isn't the only source for them. If you can't find someone to ship to CA email me and I'll get one and send it to you.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i got some long time ago shipped to canada..
often just have to ask the seller, and they will take the restrictions off the auction.. not sure why they restrict canada in the first flace, maybe it just gets excluded in a "domestic only" preference

Texasgerd

Elite Cafe Member
Has anyone found one that just screws right onto the top of the quart dispenser can?
Something like that would be very convenient.

Dan

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

I use this or something very similar to this the smallest bottle of olive oil available at your grocery store. The opening is just wide enough for a finger to cover, and has served me very well. Hope this helps

Saludos,
Carlos

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Sam;
Thanks for the info regarding availability on Amazon , as well as the offer to get one for me. I have ordered a couple.Thanks to all who replied. Cafe members are the best.
Cheers
Don

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They have them at Walgreens with the acetone already in them in the fingernail polish isle. Handiest pump I ever used.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sam: i bought 3 at wall greens when you first posted about these. acetone, lighter fluid, and isopropyl. so far, no noticeable evaporation on any of them. convenient, and economical as well. no more acetone on my fingers !

Sam

Staff member
sam: i bought 3 at wall greens when you first posted about these. acetone, lighter fluid, and isopropyl. so far, no noticeable evaporation on any of them. convenient, and economical as well. no more acetone on my fingers !

That's great. I wasn't aware they were available at Walgreens until Rex mentioned it.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Sam
I have been looking for a bottle like this, I use acetone quite a bit working with watches and jewelry.
this will make my life easier...
thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam

Staff member
They have them at Walgreens with the acetone already in them in the fingernail polish isle. Handiest pump I ever used.

Rex: I tried the one you left on the instructor's bench at GRS and it worked well. I think the ones I got from eBay might be a bit better, but not by much. I ordered three more. One for the other instructor's bench and one each for the worktables in the back of the classrooms.

Sam

Staff member
Thanks Sam
I have been looking for a bottle like this, I use acetone quite a bit working with watches and jewelry.
this will make my life easier...
thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll love 'em, Alikessu.

By the way, please disable the Tatapalk advertisement in the app on your phone. Thanks!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i discovered that 1 push is just perfect for a Q-tip. not too much, just right

Latest posts

Sponsors