Fingerprint engraved on wedding band

Jan Hendrik

Elite Cafe Member
finger print2.jpg
This has obviously been done before, but it was a first for me. I used a laser printer transfer on this 6mm half round wedding band and did the engraving with a 105 degree universal point graver with my Lindsay Classic. The fingerprint had to be reduced by about 50% to fit as much detail as possible on the ring.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i think arnaud did such a work some time ago. one thing sure, no question of ownership. and it's one-of-a-kind for sure.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice to see you ding this Jan.
Yes Monk, I do a lot of these on wedding bands. Also on the inside of the rings. I then engrave when flat and as being a goldsmith it is no problem to bend and solder after u engraved them.
Indeed a hot item among the wedders.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Nice to see you ding this Jan.
Yes Monk, I do a lot of these on wedding bands. Also on the inside of the rings. I then engrave when flat and as being a goldsmith it is no problem to bend and solder after u engraved them.
Indeed a hot item among the wedders.

i did this once, arnaud. i think it was a belt buckle, not too sure. so long ago, memory lapsing --- age advancing !

jbrayout

I would love to try this, what gravers are best for this job? I don't know what a 105 degree universal graver is. Is that the same as a square graver?

Sponsors