Confabulation confusion - and the stuff you should be bringing!

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Confusion reigns supreme around here... at least here of late...

Somehow we managed to get two different dates up on various forums - Sept. 4th to 6th and the "real' one which is the 5th to the 7th. (Labor Day)

And I did not catch it until a couple days ago!

So, if you show up on the 4th don't worry, I will cover 4 days somehow... Glenda will keep me going.

Bring your sketches!

Bring your work! Bring images of your work!

Bring your problem pieces! Or tools that won't quite do what you want 'em to do or don't function the way you think they should!

Bring long lists of questions!

Bring your best stories and lies!

Bring stuff you want to sell or trade! (or find out if it's worth anything?)

Bring the gravers that just don't seem to cut the way you expected!

Volunteer to give a half hour demo on anything you like that could be related to hand engraving or metalsmithing.!

Everything you'd need to demo with is already here - just ask.

Or just stand up and tell an unbelievable story until everyone is rolling on the floor... That will work too!

As will just showing up... for one day or all of them!

I will have a table full of surplus tools from my studios and the classroom...

Among them is a vibratory tumbler with maybe 400 pounds of media? Something for bit & spur makers... have to load and haul from here. Can't ship it.

And no, it will NOT be on the table!

Brian (under the gun - and feeling it)

But looking forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited:

dhall

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hang in there, Brian!

I can't even begin to imagine how much work this is to pull off, but know we appreciate it and thanks in advance for all of the effort you an your cohorts are putting in to this.

See you Sat. a.m.

Best regards,
Doug

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
Sad I won't be able to make it, Brian is a great teacher. Also, the taco truck nearby is delicioso!
Denny

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Yeah, we didn't get it together to make Mexican this year, maybe next? Or even Thai? I've cooked both cuisines for restaurants in one of my other incarnations....

Leaving the all cooking to John Salmon this year and we kept it fairly simple. Salads, chicken, ribs, chili, spaghetti, hot dogs & sirloin burgers are this years menu.

Just learning how to put one of these together - and the learning "curve" is pretty damn steep!

Brian

spade

I want to thank Brian Marshall, John Salmon, and Danny Frank for all the hard work they put into the Labor Day Confabulation. It was a top notch event with nothing but top notch people. Looking forward to next year.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I wish I could have attended and become confabulated with the rest of the gang.